The student must satisfy all of the following requirements to receive a PhD degree. Verification the student has met the following requirements is made by Records and Registration.
1. At least 36 semester hours must be successfully completed.
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 is required for graduation.
3. In order for any completed course to satisfy the 36 semester hours required, the course must be completed with a grade of “B” (3.00) or higher.
4. Candidates have six years to complete and successfully defend the dissertation research or project development.
5. Candidates will schedule their dissertation defenses after receiving approval from the dissertation committee chair (or co-chairs).
6. Candidates must submit (but not yet have published) the results of their dissertation or project work for publication in a refereed journal and/or complete a patent application prior to the conferral of a degree.