The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Operations and Management program prepares students to become cybersecurity leaders in defending organizations against increasingly more sophisticated cyber threats. Students learn to secure IT environments and infrastructure, design, secure programs, lead forensic investigations across an organization, and manage cyber risks. The program has been developed with national leaders and incorporates the most current thinking and curriculum in cybersecurity. This innovative program positions cybersecurity graduates to immediately step into cybersecurity roles within the private and public sector. The program is multi-disciplinary, and integrates computer science and engineering, math, legal, and cyber management courses. It is further designed to align with the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) framework which is a partnership between government, private sector and academia and focused on education, training and workforce development; and led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Courses are also aligned with the National Security Agency’s (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security’s Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) criteria.
The program allows students to pursue the concentration best suited to their aptitude - this includes an option for a cyber management and leadership or a cyber operations management concentration. It also includes hands-on experiences in which students participate in applied and research-based projects, internship and/or an occupational practicum to gain real-world experience.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Operations and Management are able to:
- Understand modern digital infrastructures and information technology systems;
- Apply risk analysis techniques, skills, and tools necessary for best practice cybersecurity operations;
- Apply critical reasoning techniques to analyze a problem or threat response, and identify and define the business-oriented cybersecurity computing requirements;
- Design, implement, and evaluate a secure computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet cybersecurity needs;
- Conduct cyber security forensic investigations;
- Develop synergy with information technology teams to accomplish business or organizational goals; and,
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of information technology users and business leadership.